The Colt working at Kingsclere late last year, is pleasing Andrew in his work
|Age:||2 year old
Approve (Ire) - Annellis (UAE)
|Lifetime record||Hurdle||Chase||Rules Races|
As with Melvin, the Balding’s will retain 25% of the horse. Andrew has told us he likes the colt and that he is showing useful ability in his early work. His view at this stage is that he would be a mid-season colt, with June being the likely month for his first run.
The colt is by Approve, one the leading 2yo performers of 2010, out of an unraced Diesis mare. Diesis trained by Henry Cecil won both the Middle Park and Dewhurst Group 1 races.
The sire Approve, was a very successful 2yo for William Haggis and with his first crop in 2014 has started to make a good impression as a stallion:
• He won two G2s in 2010 – the Norfolk Stakes at Royal Ascot and the Gimcrack at York
• Was third (behind the very talented) Dream Ahead in the G1 Middle Park
• Note he didn't race beyond 2yo and went to stud (not common but not unknown)
• He was a first season sire last year, so this horse is from his second crop
• He was in the top 10 first season sires (9th) on prize money but was rated 3rd on the number of individual winners,
The horse was bought at the Tattersalls yearling sale in Ireland in September. The purchase price includes all costs until the end of January 2015, including the transport back to Britain, training fees and Plus 10 race entry fees to qualify for those bonus races.
Share A Racehorse is delighted to offer 5 and 10% shares in this colt as follows:
• 5% share – £1,450 and then a monthly training fee of £140 starting in February
• 10% share – £2,750 and then a monthly training fee of £265 starting in February